Let’s get a few things straight first…
I am not a chef.
I am not a great cook.
I don’t love to cook. The only meal I actually like to cook is breakfast…dinner not so much. I would much rather order takeout. 🤣
However, every once in awhile I have a happy accident in which a dinner actually turns out amazing and this one I call Stuffed Pepper Casserole. Here is the story behind this happy accident. One night I had planned to make stuffed peppers. My husband and I love them and my oldest (3 yrs old) will even eat them too! Naturally though something went wrong. I didn’t have enough peppers because a couple of them went bad 😬. Of course I didn’t know this until I had already prepped everything else and hadn’t cleaned and cut the peppers yet🙄. I decided I wasn’t going to start from scratch again or order takeout. I was going to make this work one way or another! Then a lightbulb went off 💡 throw it all in a casserole dish and top it with cheese!
It was amazing!! I cut up the peppers I had left and mixed everything together and baked it. Voila! It wasn’t just edible…it was delicious!! And I quote, “Wow Hun I wasn’t sure this would work but it may be one of the best things you have made us!” -Mr LoveLee Home. 😂 😂
Now this is one of our go to healthy meals and the entire family eats it! Even the newest Lee approves!
This meal is just too good not to share and pretty easy to make. I hope you enjoy as much as we do!
2-3 Bell peppers (any color)
1 lb ground turkey or lean ground beef
1/2 c quinoa (or rice or cauliflower rice)
1 Can black beans
1 Can corn
1 can of Rotel
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp pepper
1 C cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Wash and cut peppers into 1″ pieces
3. Brown turkey/beef with chopped onions and garlic.
4. Start boiling 1/2 C quinoa with 1 C water.
5. Once turkey is cooked drain it and add in the beans, corn, Rotel, paprika, pepper and bell peppers. Let simmer on low to medium heat 5-7 mins stirring occasionally.
6. Now put the mixture and quinoa into casserole dish and add half of the cheese and stir.
7. Cook for 20 mins. Take out and add other half of cheese on top and bake for additional 5 mins.
8. Enjoy! 🤗
My kids love this and ask for seconds!! Hope you like it too!!